Do you know the Nature of this Beast?
Click the image for a body count.
(Michael Vick really had no idea how far back this love affair with dogs really goes. Man’s best friend and mother of the West’s greatest empire. Maybe next time MV7 can work with chickens.)
And what about the nature of its offspring?
The British Empire (1919)
Nations with US Military Bases
Similar maps. In the next 10 years, as the United States extends its reach into Africa, these maps will look more and more alike.
In March 2009, the United States Africa Command issued what is known as a Posture Statement (PS) – . A PS is defined by the Army as:
The annual Army Posture Statement is an unclassified summary of Army roles, missions, accomplishments, plans, and programs. Designed to reinforce the Secretary and Chief of Staff of the Army posture and budget testimony before Congress, the APS serves a broad audience as a basic reference on the state of the Army.
LEFT BRAIN and RIGHT BRAIN — Images and Imprints
Before we get to the Posture Statement, though, I think it’s important to talk about the Left brain – Right brain message from AFRICOM. Images are in the domain of the right brain and are very important to our ability to make sense of the world. Images are a fundamental aspect of the business of advertising. Everyone has a logo – and this fascination with images is no new fangled convention. It’s as old as humanity itself. Whether we’re talking about Saharan Rock Art or the image of Serapis Christos, we have understood the importance of the visual for millenia.
The right brain is responsible for:
“big picture” oriented
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can “get it” (i.e. meaning)
knows object function
The right brain, then, is absolutely vital to our capacity to authentically perceive and participate in our world. AFRICOM has an image and it reveals a great deal about how this initiative was conceived; how it will be implemented; and how its execution will impact the African continent.
Understanding the Meaning of AFRICOM
Here is the AFRICOM seal:
I don’t mean to suggest that my analysis here is definitive. I welcome the perceptions of others.
- UNITED STATES AFRICA COMMAND signifies that this is a corporate entity. USAC is incorporated under Title 10 of the United States Code as part of the Armed Services. It is subject to all the rights and responsibilities of such inclusion, including appropriations, etc. This is signified by the ALL CAPS. This serves as a signal for the observer that the rules under which this entity is organized and the appropriations for its operation are codified in law.
- The four stars at bottom indicate this command is headed by a four-star general. The general heading the Africa Command is William E. Ward. General Ward is a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity and a graduate of Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Inside of the blue and white-rimmed circle is a lighter shade of blue which could signify the sky and the role that paratroopers will play in implementing the AFRICOM strategy. Ward is a Master Parachutist. There is no question that air forces will be required for AFRICOM to conduct the bulk of its operations.
- Working toward the interior, we come upon a green laurel. You will note that the laurel is in a horse shoe shape and is not closed. In some circles, this is an indication of the ancient style wreath which was used extensively by the Romans. “In Rome they were symbols of martial victory, crowning a successful commander during his triumph.”
- Inside the wreath is a red and white-bordered shape which symbolizes a shield of indigenous African design. From a color perspective, however, it is red. In the American context, there is a larger meaning:
The colors red, white, and blue did not have meanings for The Stars and Stripes when it was adopted in 1777. However, the colors in the Great Seal did have specific meanings. Charles Thompson, Secretary of the Continental Congress, reporting to Congress on the Seal, stated:
“The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice.”
- Continental Africa is presented in a rich, lush green color which clearly denotes fertility and wealth. “Green” is also a term used to denote money in the US. Green is the embodiment of the fundamental nature of this pursuit. Africa is important because more oil is exported from there than from Saudi Arabia. Africa is important because strong ties to China would make it prohibitively more expensive for the US to impose its will on China AND those ties could sharply reduce China’s demand for US “green” (Treasury Bills).
- Africa is depicted in isolation from the rest of the world. Europe, Western Asia, and the Arabian Peninsula have been extracted from the map. Africans have always had close physical ties (of one sort or another) to Europe, Western Asia and Arabia. Depicting Africa in isolation from those regions obscures the facts on the ground. Israel is heavily involved in the Sudan; just as they were in South Africa. The US efforts to undermine Al-Qaeda necessarily have implications for an invisible Yemen and an invisible Spain. Africa is not a continent apart — it is fundamental to understanding the historical and prospective picture in this part of the world.
Take a look at the other CENTCOM seals. Each tells a story. Neither time nor space permits a useful discussion of those now, but it is worth noting the representation of flags as an indication of sovereignty and authentic partnership with Europe — the only place where such a relationship is telegraphed to our right brains.
Now, look at the image again. Some old military guys were chatting it up online and stated the logo looks exactly like a vagina. In other words, it looks like a invitation; like an entity poised to impose itself on its target. In this light, the use of red and green and blue become all the more striking. I don’t believe in accidents — especially in the right hemisphere. It is what it is.
US European Command
The difference is as stark as can be. It is and will be precisely what they say it will be. There is no fucking around going on in Europe. It’s all business.
Black America and Africa — Questions and Criminals
How is it possible that in 2009, not a single Black elected official in the United States has a clear military policy platform for US engagement in Africa? Even the President doesn’t have such a platform. The plan for AFRICOM was authorized by George W. Bush. Moreover, Bill Clinton hatched a nefarious plan for Africa years ago — with the aide of people like Bill Gates, Al Gore, Obama’s money man Larry Summers and others. Clinton’s plan included a triage die-off for Black men, testing of dangerous experimental drugs to fight HIV/AIDS, dumping of toxic materials in coastal waters, using NGO’s to create entree for US military forces, and a steadfast commitment to keep infrastructure issues around water, transportation and energy OFF the table — except to the extent they aligned to US corporate interests.
These may be heavy charges, but they’ve been substantiated through a close reading of mainstream media reports, government documents, and medical research journals. Clinton’s position on genocide in Rwanda was but one indication of his true face on Africa. So it was with George Bush.
Bush’s trip to Africa, if you followed coverage on CNN, CNBC, FOX and other propaganda firms, was strictly about Bush’s ability to dance and make faces.
Bush in Africa — And Hating It.
In point of fact George Bush went to Africa, on the heels of a visit by China’s head of state, to articulate the US posture on the future of US-Africa relations; to clarify the cost-benefit of partnership with China vs. partnership with the US; and to amplify that the US would be extending its military reach onto the continent. The picture that Bush painted was intended to align African states in the American camp. The Americans are not, unlike the Chinese, proposing to build infrastructure. Nor are the Americans seeking to buy land on 99-year leases in a desperate attempt to feed its population.
Africans have no friends in the realm of politics. Everyone has a position. The US military has a position – just as the British had one and the Romans before them. The Chinese have a position. Land for technology. You can always get new technology…you can’t always get new land. With food scarcity at insufferable limits on the continent, African heads of state cannot afford to contemplate feeding China – nor can they afford to submit to the predations of America — regardless of who sits in the White House.
This is the REAL American Empire map. The world — owned, operated and under the control of 6 wolves in wolves clothing.